Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Well Watching

Today we had our water well pump replaced. It is 25 years old, so it was time! This involved removing one side of the roof on our pump house, driving the truck into the backyard and pulling 24 - 20ft long pipes up and out of the well shaft. The whole process was finished in 3 hours. All but replacing the roof!

Which Steve and I did when he got home from work! He really is not the redneck he appears to be in these photos, but he was trying to improvise a way to NOT SLIP off the roof as we put it back together! The tape was sticky side out.......and, it worked!

All this was happening under the watchful eyes of one of my dear does........

Isn't she beautiful?????

2 comments:

My Life in the Countryside said...

Sandy, I love the place you live in, it’s plenty of nature and wild animals! Love the little deer, is it your pet? I love Texas (and the Texan cuisine) and hope I can visit it someday.
Please continue posting pics of your home (inside and outside), love watching them so I can identify in your life :)

Sandy said...

She is not a pet, although we do have one that we can hug! Her name is Eva, I will post some pics of he soon.