Sunday, June 14, 2009

High School Reunion

It is that time of year when one starts thinking of what we need to do - to look as awesome as we can at our high school reunions. We look in the mirrors, and decide that maybe it is now time to get some new walking shoes and dust off the treadmill that has become a great place to hang clothes! Some even go back to the gym and hire a trainer to sort things out. I am doing both!

This year Alamo Heights High School, in San Antonio TX, is celebrating its 100th year! To commemorate the event - it is having an ALL CLASS Reunion, in October. This is going to be one worth attending for sure. In reflecting about my fellow classmates - I thought it fun to share some photos of a couple you may be familiar with. These two were in the Class of '69. Only 40 years ago.....
CHRIS GEPPERT

became know to all as Christopher Cross with his hit songs such as
Sailing, Arthur's Theme, Think of Laura and Ride Like the Wind.

PONCE CRUSE

Took over her mothers business in 1977, known the world over as
"Hints from Heloise"
She still calls San Antonio home, and can be seen regularly on the TODAY show.

Heloise

2 comments:

My Life in the Countryside said...

Sandy!!!!
Did you go to school with these people? I don't know them but I know "Arthur's Theme", very nice!
kisssss

PS: regarding the Ikea humor email, Raf laughed as soon as he watched the pic, because he knows about that, very well. He assembled our whole Ikea kitchen by himself and took 3 days!!! Imagine with a car! ah ah ah!

Sandy said...

Yes Ylenia,
They were one year ahead of me.
I am waiting for my brother to send me a pic from his class of '65of Peter Weller - AKA "ROBOCOP".
Will post that one when I get it in!