Thursday, July 24, 2008

Poppy and Piper



Two years ago, I started taking art classes here in New Braunfels, and was fortunate to find the best teacher around! Linda Calvert Jacobson of Casadelinda Studio. With her encouragement and guidance I have been able to do something I had always dreamed of - PAINT! She has led me through my frustrations and doubts, to a sense of ability and accomplishment. Thank you, Linda from the bottom of my heart.
The paintings above are of Poppy (top) and Piper (bottom). They are 2 Jack Russells that are the proud owners of my dear friend, Ann Brawner. Poppy is now a retired agility competitor, who keeps in shape these days by chasing buzzards out of her yard! Piper will soon start competing in agility, where I am sure she will be a spectator favorite!
Ann told me should would hang them in her office........I'm thinking - maybe the closet!

1 comment:

Jay Lauver said...

Sandy,
I just got time to look at your blog and I am mightily impressed! You are doing things I have no idea how to do and I am amazed1 You are so smart! Love the Poppy and Piper paintings. I had no idea you were also talented! And the photos. Whew! I really like the ones of the dogs in the sprinkler. You keep it up, girl!
Jay