Monday, September 1, 2008

Goodbye Cayman.......

Today, we had to let Cayman go.......
She was the total embodiment of the yellow Labrador Lady. Sweet, smart, loving, happy, smiling, nonstop tail wagging, always talking to you.....especially as it got closer to meal time! She would stand on her hind legs and "box" with excitement when she greeted you - as she could hardly contain herself!
She was the Queen Bee in the dog world around here. All the other dogs totally respected her. She was never ugly - just firm and patient!
She would have been a great mother - but she was adamant that she was going to have nothing to do with that process! I tried only once to have her bred - that was enough!
She loved traveling to the dog shows, and so enjoyed socializing with her many friends, dogs and people! She knew no enemies.
We were blessed to have had her for almost 14 healthy, wonderful years.
She left so quietly, so softly.
As one of God's precious gifts to us - I have to believe that she was greeted at Rainbow Bridge by
her buddies that went before her - Justin, Chaplin, Sounder, Bear and others........
Till we meet again, run free, run happy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sandy,

What a lovely tribute to Cayman. Was she related to any of those puppies I helped with a Christmas in the late 1970s? I understand your loss.

Your blog is great and your minis very interesting. Never a dull moment at your "farm."

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about Cayman. I loved your tribute to her.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sandi,
Well, it just never stops, does it. I am sorry to learn of the loss of your long-time companion, Cayman. Named for my favorite vacation spot?

You did a great job of eulogizing her. I never met her but feel that I know her. And you do great photography. All your animal photos are so well done. They do capture the animals' spirits. As everyone said to me, you must know that you gave that wonderful dog a great life and she was lucky to have you. And you were lucky to have her for such a long life. She was blessed and so were you.

Please know Steve and I are thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about Cayman....you wrote that so beautifully...maybe you have a gift.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sandy and Steve,
I am so sorry to hear about Cayman. I know she will be missed, but what a nice life she lived. She sounded a lot like Poppy and Piper with the whole "puppy thing".

Anonymous said...

Sandy

I am so sorry to hear about Cayman .
Although, I did not know her when she was showing , I always thought she was a beautiful Labrador.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I know your dogs are part of the family and how much you love your babies.

Anonymous said...

BAMmy, Trevie, Monkey and I want to send our sheltie love and kisses on the loss of one of our favorite yellow labs... now the world is a little quieter -

goodness, when Trev is gone, one might actually hear the circadias buzzing at your place...

we miss all of you guys so much, and please take comfort in the fact that animals live FOR FOREVER at your house! our prayers are with you...

sheltie love,
kara ann
MACH trev
the BAM
monkey